Was hard to resist putting a twist on the Minimalist Baker’s Moroccan Lentil Stuffed Eggplant. Lentils, while I know are chock full of healthy goodness, simply do not agree with my gut. Instead, I swapped the lentils for chickpeas and spinach. As for the eggplant, no aversion there, simply had an acorn squash ready to be used as the vessel.
Following along with the Minimalist Baker’s Saucy Moroccan Lentils recipe (my only substitution was the lentils for chickpeas and spinach. So delicious!), I finished the prep for the Saucy Moroccan Lentils. If you would like to recreate this dish using an acorn squash, follow the instructions below, otherwise, continue with the prep for the Minimalist Baker’s Moroccan Lentil Stuffed Eggplant.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut the acorn squash in half removing the seeds
- Brush soy-free butter onto the flesh side
- Remove and flip squash over at 30 minutes
- Add about 1 tbsp of soy-free butter and 1/2 tbsp of coconut sugar to the centre. This will melt into a pool of yumminess!
- Continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile pull up the Minimalist Baker’s Moroccan Lentil Stuffed Eggplant recipe and finish the sauce prep. Be sure to taste along the way as the sauce is so flavourful!
- Once the squash has browned, remove from oven. Scoop in mixture to the middle and top with Minimalist Baker’s Vegan Parmesan.
- Broil for 5-10 minutes or until crispy brown. Remove from oven, top with fresh parsley and EAT! EAT IT ALL!