With all of this rain coupled with my post-surgery-sensitive-stomach, I was craving this big ol’ comforting bowl of congee for dinner tonight. 🍚🍲
This recipe takes little effort making it perfect for those busy and/or high endo pain days.
Big Ol’ Comforting Bowl of Congee
- 1 cup short grain rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger
- Sliced green onion for garnish
- Dice garlic and ginger.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat, combine the water, vegetable broth, ginger, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and rice to large pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Stir occasionally to ensure the rice doesn’t stick to the pot.
- Simmer the congee for about an hour or until the texture is creamy and thick.
- Serve hot, garnish with green onion and enjoy!!