New Year’s morning is normally a tad rougher than most especially if you love champagne as much as I do. Most places open for delivery are not Erin friendly, which means: time to pull my hair back, peel open those eyes and fix myself a bloody mary while I begin think – what’s for breakfast?!
Luckily, we learned from the year previous to make sure the fridge and pantry were stocked! I had some leftover Cashew Crema which I knew would go perfectly with homefries and chipotle mushrooms. This breakfast was not only filling and full of essential nutrients.
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy-free butter
- 1 avocado
- 4 cherry tomatoes (preferably on the vine)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 4 cremini mushrooms
- 10 – 12 baby potatoes
- 1 – 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp Cashew Crema
- Preheat oven to 400F and cut the baby potatoes into cubes and carefully place into a pot of boiling salted water.
- Cook until tender, about 10- 15 minutes and drain. Toss in a bowl of olive oil.
- Once coated in oil, place the potatoes on a foil-lined pan and roast in oven for 25 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a smaller skillet, melt the soy-free butter over medium heat.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to heated skillet.
- Open the can of chipotle peppers and pick out one pepper – remove seeds if preferred. Dice chipotle pepper and add to the mushrooms.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes before adding a couple of spoonfuls of the adobo sauce to the skillet and reduce heat. Remove from heat after about 5 minutes.
- While the adobo sauce is reducing, in a nonstick pan melt soy-free butter and add in the sliced yellow peppers.
- Cook down for about 3 – 5 minutes before adding in the baby spinach and cherry tomatoes. Remove from heat once the spinach has wilted down.
- Slice up the avocado and begin to plate! Don’t forget to add the Cashew Crema!